A Comprehensive Guide to Learn Big Data
Using and analyzing data efficiently has become one of the most important needs of every business in the present time. The need gives rise to the concept of Big Data. Agree or not, but today, big data development has become an important consideration for every business.
Learning big data has become a top concern of every tech expert and data analytics. After all, the concept is very much important for every business. It is all about collecting a large amount of data and creating reports and figures on the basis of that. If compared to traditional data, big data takes lesser time to process, and hence, increases the efficiency. Thus, it has become crucial for tech hunters in modern time to learn big data.
In this post, we will give you an important introduction to big data. And being a liberal term (which means everyone is using it without even having a proper understanding), we will impart you with the need to learn big data technologies.
Introduction to Big Data
If you are doing big data research to learn big data concept, it is important to first know the meaning of it. Besides, many people often raise a question regarding how big data is different from the regular term ‘data’. Well, data is basically information which is translated into a form that is efficient when it comes to processing and movement. It is also important to know that raw data boast no value until it is processed.
Coming on to the big data, it basically refers to data with a huge size. The term Big Data is used for a collection of data which is either too huge in size or too complex in nature. Such data cannot be dealt with by traditional data processing. In simple words, big data cannot be processed or stored by the traditional mean because of the fact of being too complex or large.
Types of Big Data
Big Data is divided into three categories. These are:
- Unstructured: It is a type of data with no specific form, and hence, is called unstructured data.
- Structured: Such type of data can be easily accessed, processed, and even stored in a fixed form.
- Semi-Structured: This type of data is the combination of both unstructured and structured data.
Characteristics of Big Data
In order to be a big data analyst, it is important to also know about the nature and characteristics of it. The characteristics of big data are specified by the 5Vs. These are:
- Volume: the concept of big data refers to the big size of data which is determined by its volume. In short, it’s the volume that determines whether or not the data is bid.
- Variety: it refers to the diverse nature of the data in question. Today, you can see data in different types including videos, photos, audio, emails, and more.
- Velocity: velocity is yet another characteristic of big data. It refers to the speed at which the data is generated and processed for analysis.
- Variability: It refers to the inconsistency of data which can influence the managing and processing aspect effectively.
- Veracity: It stands for trustworthiness and authenticity of the data.
Perks of Big Data in Business
Today, almost every business wants its tech hunters to learn big data to support in-house big data development. And if you are also wondering about what is use and need of big data in business, then here are some of its perks:
- Customer service
- Operational efficiency
- Relevant and trustworthy
- Risk identification
- High security
- Customer insights
- Real-time monitoring
In-Demand Big Data Technologies
The big data market is growing at a steady pace and the companies are investing a huge amount on this technology either by outsourcing the big data services for their business or building their in-house team. For a fact, big data analytics services have become mainstream in the present IT space. There are several big data technologies that are widely being used in the IT space. Some of them are:
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Apache Spark
- NoSQL Database
- Predictive Analytics
- Data Lakes
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Security Solutions
- Big Data Governance Solutions
- Prescriptive Analytics
Popular Big Data Tools
A large number of big data software can be found in the market. However, not all are important when it comes to it an effective big data development. Some of the most popular big data tools are:
- HPCC System
You may also like:
To conclude this, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that the future of the IT world lies in big data technology. Hence, every aspiring tech engineer should learn big data in order to keep their expertise together with the trend. It’s a hard fact, but no industry will be able to survive in the market without making use of big data tools and technologies. Consider professional assistance by Auxesis Infotech - a leading web development agency, if you still have any query regarding big data.