Being a web developer is not a smooth task. It takes a lot of hard work and intelligence to be a good developer. The journey to become a great web developer is long and a person must discard each and every obstacle that comes his way to becoming a successful web developer. There will be times when you will find yourself as a failed web developer but the only thing you gotta do is to move forward defying all the odds.
Failure always teaches us something or the other, and a quote by Bill Gates never made more sense to me before, which states that “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.”
It is fine to fail and move ahead again, but repeating the same mistakes time and again could be detrimental for your career as a web developer. So, in this blog, we are going to talk about a few habits which make developers turn out to be a failed web developer.
Here the list goes:
1. Assuming the user and the environment – This is the worst thing one can do to deteriorate their career graph. Never ever do this, as this could be the worst thing you can do as a developer. Try and maintain a good level of communication with your client and create a website according to his requirements and needs.
2. Not Being Detail Oriented – Not only Web development but even the smallest of tasks need proper detailing and sticking to those details always helps you out in carrying out all sort of tasks. A detail oriented person is never subjected to humiliation. Being a web developer if you are not detail oriented then you are putting yourself in dire straits.
3. Being Static – In this world of evergrowing coding technologies, the worst thing you can do is being static. You must be proactive with your learning, follow the latest trends and keep up with the latest technologies. If you neglect this and your competitors do not then you will be left far behind in this race. Just like Darwin said “Survival of the fittest”.
4. Multitasking – Web development is a field which requires a lot of concentration and focus. You can’t risk it by Multitasking. You will certainly tend to ruin your career as a web developer even before it is started. Just focus on one goal and move ahead. Do not risk your career by multi-tasking. Avoid all the other distractions and just focus on your goal as this habit could be the reason for your failure as a web developer.
5. Being a lone warrior – Working in collaboration is a must when you are a developer. Many budding developers quite often make this mistake by working in isolation and ruin their career by feeling that they have failed. One must always ask for help from their seniors as they have also gone through the same phase during their time. So, Kindly avoid this mistake and work in a healthy cum collaborative environment.
So these are the main 5 bad habits that make you a failed web developer. Try and avoid these habits and also learn from your previous mistakes so that you can overshadow others in the field of web development.
I would like to conclude this blog with a quote by Colin Powell which says that “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence”.
And if you want to meet a team of dexterous Web developers so as to give a touch of perfection in your website, then feel free to contact Auxesis Infotech.