From big corporates to startups, companies are following and embracing the remote work options more than ever before. And the reason for that is the fact that remote work setup has become the market trend in recent times. There are numerous interesting stats associated with the remote work situation that indicates the benefits of remote work to all parties involved, including organizations.
Here in this post, we will talk about those interesting stats about remote work in 2020 that quantify the positive impact of this workspace.
Remote Work Growth
- In the next five years, around 42% of employees with the option of remote work are expected to work remotely.
- Since 2010, there has been an Another fact says that 55% of employees will more likely look for new job opportunities if they were not allowed to work remotely.
- 91% of employees believe better work-life balance as the reason to work remotely. Whereas. 79% believe it’s better productivity and focus. However, for 78% of workers, the reason for working remotely is lesser stress.
- Telecommuting has witnessed a significant increase by 22% between 2017 and 2018.
Workspace For Employees During Remote Work
- Another interesting stats about remote work in 2020 says that only 4% of remote workers go to cafes to work remotely.
- Whereas, 8% of workers prefer going to coworking spaces for remote work.
- In the near future, large organisations are more likely to give remote work options to their employees, considering the current trend.
- In a global comparison between countries give more remote work opportunities to their companies, New England stands out.
- A study of 25000 employees revealed that nearly 3 in every 4 employees believe that working remotely helps them to achieve a better work-life balance.
Remote Employees Performance and Productivity
- 85% of companies that at least occasionally provide the option of flexible work schedules or remote work to their employees have reported a significant increase in their productivity.
- A majority of employees believe that they are more productive while working remotely. It also helps them save money and reduce stress.
- 76% of workers believe in working remotely when they need to concentrate on a particular task or project. Indeed an interesting stat about remote work, isn’t it?
- Despite the fact that remote work allows employees to work from anywhere, 84% of them prefer to work from home.
- A study revealed that remote employees give additional full-day productivity each week.
Remote Workforce Size
- 44% of companies globally do not appreciate the concept of remote work. That’s indeed one of the most shocking stats about remote work in 2020.
- Talking about a global comparison, South America stands out with 81% more fully remote organizations.
- 30% of employees work as full-time remote workers. Whereas, 18% of employees work one to three times a week.
- In a 2018 report, it is mentioned that in the U.S., around 3.9 million employees work remotely most of the time.
- One of the most interesting stats about remote work in 2020 that you should know is from that same report. It says in the next decade, 38% of full-time employees will be working remotely.
Recruiting and Job Retention
- The decision of 68% of young workers mainly depends on the fact of whether or not the company is offering a remote work option.
- 80% of job seekers have said that amongst two similar employment offers, they will turn down the one with no flexible working option.
Relation Between Remote Work and Environment
- The benefits of remote work are not just restricted to employees and employers. There are also several amazing stats about remote work in 2020. One of which is that a remote workforce reduces greenhouse gas emissions. It helps to save a total of 54 million of gas every year.
- Not just this, it also saves 640 million barrels of oil.
- Since remote work is all about doing work from a remote place rather than the office, it also helps improving air quality in urban areas.
you may also like:
How Capable Is Auxesis Infotech To Host Remote Work Scenario?
Reasons Why You Should Start Hire Remote Web Agency
So, here we come to the end of this list of interesting stats about remote work in 2020. We hope you’ve found it interesting as well as informative. Of all the statistics, a majority confirms that remote work is beneficial for both employees as well as employers. It’s all about how one takes it and by ‘one’, we are talking about both workers and companies.