“It’s good to have high-quality competition; it helps drive research forward at a faster pace." - Shuji Nakamura
You must be wondering why I have put up this quote while the topic says about artificial intelligence (AI) for web development companies? Well, certainly, to give you a clear picture of what I am going to explain ahead. For any business, it is very important to have competition as it makes it follow the trends. Similarly, in the world of web development and designing, there always remain a need for changes in order to meet the demand to deliver a better user experience to the end-users. From a website, a user only expects a solution to its query or concern. But, with the traditional approach, it becomes quite challenging for a web development agency to make it happen, and hence, the need for artificial intelligence and its tools come.
Now if you are still struggling to understand, then let us have a quick brief of what web development and artificial intelligence is:
As the name itself suggests the meaning, web development is nothing but developing websites for hosting via the internet or intranet. In technical terms, it means programming or coding that enables website functionality as per the owner’s requirement. The process of developing a website includes web design, web content development, network security configuration, server-side/client-side scripting, and more.
Whereas, artificial intelligence is considered as the ability of a computer program to think and learn. It is an area of computer science that is concerned with building smart and intelligent machines capable of doing tasks that typically require human intelligence. The option of speech recognition on mobiles and computers is one of the most popular examples of AI. Talking about the history of AI, it grew rapidly post 1900, but it’s surprising that it originally dates back to 380 BC.
Why Artificial Intelligence?
Believe it or not, with the inception of Artificial Intelligence technology, our day-to-day lives have altogether changed, all in a positive way. From chess-playing computers to ATMs to self-driving cars, most of the machines in our surroundings are built on the concept of AI.
Artificial Intelligence allows a machine to learn from experiences, adjust to new inputs, and perform human-like tasks. Computers and machines are trained to accomplish a particular task with the help of this Artificial Intelligence technology. For that, a large amount of data is processed that makes it possible for the machine to recognize patterns in data.
What Happens When AI Meets Website Development
Today almost every company aims to implement AI in their workspace considering the scope and capabilities of Artificial Intelligence. Let’s have a look at some of the key roles of AI in Web Development:
- It focuses to bring a quality lifestyle by building virtual robots with the help of innovative technologies.
- It emphasizes the development and introduction of intelligent machines capable of doing tasks that typically require human intelligence.
- AI technology is based on previous learning and experience, and hence, create intelligent responses.
- It focuses on delivering the best user experience to end-users.
- With the implementation of AI technology, businesses get higher returns on their investment.
Here are some top ways that ensure positive changes in web development companies with the implementation of artificial intelligence.
- Self-learning Algorithms to Change Web Coding
Web programming can be quite easy if artificial intelligence is implemented in it. AI can simplify a number of tasks like predicting code bits like which one will be used to resolve a particular problem, and adding and updating database records. It also helps developers by giving them a solution by using code prediction.
- AI Virtual Assistance to Simplify Web Development
The number of virtual assistants is estimated to reach 1.8 billion across the globe by the year 2021. It is a quite menial task for web developers to come up with the templates and basic layout of the web pages. Hence, comes the AI-based virtual assistants to simplify web development and designing services. The virtual assistance asks the business owners a few questions and on the basis of the given answers, it comes up with a personalized solution.
- Autopilot Mode for Testing and Quality Assurance
With a little human effort and the use of AI algorithms, an app can be tested. By going through historical data, major parameters, involved in the testing process, can be predicted. As compared to the traditional approach, they can look error patterns and predictions can be made for fault. All these can be done with higher efficiency which allows the process of finding and resolving bugs to be done at a faster pace.
- Best End-User Experience through Chatbots
A customer visiting a particular website interacts with the enterprise through text fields, menus, and buttons. But with the arrival of social media and text messaging, the web demographic trends shifted to the use of free-form text, also referred to as natural language. As a result of that chatbots become a must thing in recent times.
It should be noted that for chatbots, AI is optional. But without it, chatbots will be limited to a narrow set of language constructs which is predefined by developers. As a result of that, there are chances that a chatbot might not be able to parse the commanded sentence. Hence, the implementation of AI in the area of natural language brought good news. Lately, many well-established organizations enjoyed commercial success with their AI-based personal digital assistants. Alexa from Amazon, Siri from Apple, Google Assistant, and Cortana from Microsoft are some popular examples of it.
- Automated Gathering & Analysis of Complex Data
With the development of chatbots or voice assistant, it becomes easy to store end-user stories and client’s requirements without any human effort. A web design company can make use of various extraction tools to work on the detailed data description developed to bring ideas for building web development and design strategies.
All these points could easily tell you why Artificial Intelligence is becoming a threshold of web development in the present time.
Why It Is Important for the General World?
For the time being forget about web development and let’s have a look at the perks of AI for the modern world.
- 24/7 Availability: There is a fact that machines don’t require frequent breaks like humans. A machine like ATM can be programmed to work for long hours.
- Digital Assistance: Highly advanced organizations implement machines in their workspace instead of humans to interact with their customers. The interaction is done with the help of ‘avatars’. It is the digital assistance that lessens the risk of human errors.
- Handling Repetitive Jobs: Machines can think much faster than humans and can even perform a particular task again and again and that too with the same productivity and the best results every time.
- Reduction of Errors: Probably, the best advantage of AI is the reduction of errors. AI can be used in different situations and for every situation, you can expect the great chances of reaching higher accuracy and that too with a greater degree of precision.
The importance of Artificial Intelligence in modern-day life is not restricted to these, there are different advantages of AI for different industries, hence obviously, all cannot be explained here.
You may also like:
I hope you have found this blog informational and useful. Visit us again for more such amazing posts related to web development and web design!