SEO Techniques- Black Hat & White Hat
Understanding SEO Techniques Are Very Much Important
If you don't want your website to get penalized by search engines. SEO techniques are classified into 2 broad categories that are Black Hat & White Hat.
White Hat SEO- techniques used to improve search engine rankings, following all rules and regulations set by search engines. It is also called as ethical SEO.
Black Hat SEO- techniques used to improve search engine rankings by violating the search engine's terms of services. It is also called as unethical SEO
White Hat SEO
An SEO technique is counted as White Hat if-
* it strictly follows search engine's guidelines.
* the content of web page is created for the users not only for the search engines.
* any practice not involve in forcing a user to redirect to an unwanted page.
* it focuses on giving useful content on the web pages.
* it is not hiding anything from the user.
White Hat SEO techniques include following methods:-
* Keyword research & analysis and effective keyword use
* Creating quality content
* Writing content for human readers
* Guest Blogging and many others.
One should always follow White Hat SEO techniques as it will not only help to get high ranking in search engines but also your site will not be penalized by search engines.
Black Hat SEO
These are those SEO techniques which are used to increase page rankings in search engines by breaking search engine's term of services. These techniques may get you result in very less period of time but you are at a risk of penalizing your website/page.
Some of the Black Hat SEO techniques are:-
* Cloaking- is an SEO technique in which the content presented to the search engine spider is different from that presented to the user's browser.
* Keyword stuffing- It considers webspam or spamdexing, in which a web page is loaded with keywords in the meta tags or in content of a web page in an attempt to gain an unfair rank advantage in search engines.
* Doorway pages- are web pages that are created for spamdexing. This is for spamming the index of a search engine by inserting results for particular phrases with the purpose of sending visitors to a different page.
* Hidden text and links- in your content to manipulate Google’s search rankings can be seen as deceptive and is a violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
* Paid Links- Buying or selling links that pass PageRank can dilute the quality of search results. Participating in link schemes violates the Googles Webmaster Guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results.
These are some Black Hat SEO techniques that can help you in penalize your website. Any SEO technique which violates the search engine's guidelines is considered as Black Hat technique. One should always avoid following black hat techniques as now search engines are smart enough, they easily get to know about all the unethical things you are doing to your site and you will end up penalizing your site/page.